Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Ranty rant

I don't know whether I've become more aware of it or that people just think that they can get away with it now with greater frequency but red light running is really irking me. I work downtown. And you see, when I say downtown, I mean that there is a traffic light on every block. Yes, I get stopped at practically every light because I am just a special driver like that. Anyway, since I am usually two cars back from going through the intersection, I get the opportunity to count how many bozos continue to go through the light even though it is red and has been for long enough for them to know that it means stop. Or at least they should know that. Supposedly, the city cops are coming down on red light runners but call me a citizen cop because I'll write down the offending license plate numbers and mail them to you. I guess my biggest concern is that I know people don't pay attention when they are driving anymore. That means as I am trying to second guess what they do, another driver is going to blindside me because they don't have the time to follow simple traffic laws. Many people will see this as a blip in the grand scheme of things but it bothers me to no end. It's right on up there with people not being smart enough to turn on their lights while driving in the rain or using their turn indicator to change lanes, make turns etc. Perhaps I make too big of a deal but maybe not enough people are making a deal out of it. I've said it before but if I had the answers, most likely I wouldn't be sitting here today doing what I am doing. Lucky you, I don't have the answers and I get to sit here and prattle on about life in general.

1 Comments:

Blogger LadyBug said...

Other drivers really annoy me to know end too. Nobody pays any attention to anybody else but themselves, but this is true both on and off the road. Sometimes I just laugh at how self-absorbed others are. Other times I get really angry, I don't know which reaction is better or worse. I just know that I cannot be like that, and if I am, please tell me! I don't want to not pay attention to others around me, I want to be able to stop an accident from happening, not create one.

Good post!

August 21, 2005 7:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home