Thursday, August 11, 2005

Out of touch

To all the loyal readers, I apologize. I have been slightly out of touch lately as I am frantically trying to get my lazy ass back into school. Right now things are on the up and up as I have a faculty advisor and a good idea of what topic I'd like to cover. Now I just need to muster the courage and dust off some of that intellect I have been saving for a rainy day. Z7 made a good point in our car discussion last night that I compartmentalize a lot of my intelligence on an everyday basis. Kind of shy away from just what I know because most of the people I have interaction with would be lost if I really got on a tangent. He went on to point out that I try too hard to be a "pleaser". For too long I have made decisions to compromise and to see the situation where it was beneficial for all involved. Two for two, I'm impressed. No question as to why I keep him around. Hearing it from him was excellent motivation to get my initial proposal ironed out. Furious typing and maybe 35 min later I had my draft proposal. Hopefully if my editors can get back to me, I'll get it turned in tonight.

This has been the summer of revelations I would have to say. Nothing monumental but maybe enlightening would be a more apt description. Many things have become clearer as to what is really going on. Don't take the days you have now for granted. You never know what could happen tomorrow. Family is very important but they should be viewed as concentric circles. Remember what's at the core and build out from there. As you grow up, people move in and out of the core and it's your job to keep tabs on things so that the balance doesn't get out of whack. Be honest with yourself. Don't weave a web of fibs to comfort yourself and forget the truth. Life is tough and you're supposed to make the best of it. No one can do that for you. Sometimes the stronger person is the one who can pick up the pieces of the shattered dream and make the mosaic out of it rather than the person with a pristine stained glass window. The road to happiness is a run-down dirt road. Don't let the well manicured median and freshly paved road to failure sway you. Always succumbing to what you want leaves a void in your life. You fail to learn the value of earning what you want. Plastic money can buy the world but it cannot buy your happiness.

More pressing revelations: I cannot make everyone in the world happy. I work quickly therefore it is difficult for me to remain constantly busy. People are going to have to deal with that. With each passing day it is becoming clearer that a change is coming. I know that I need to take the steps to make that change and take the chance that it is a good decision. That in and of itself is a frightening thought.

I'm trading up my plate at the buffet of life. Time for me to find out just how much I can handle.

1 Comments:

Blogger LadyBug said...

I agree with you 100%!! Things are changing right now. Summer's almost over and it's time to get serious. I've been asking myself these same questions for the past few months. I don't know what we are going to do, but it's time to make some life-changing choices, and it's time to get really serious about making things work.

August 21, 2005 6:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home