Monday, August 15, 2005

Hectic Weekend

Hang on, I've got to catch my breath. Ok, we can start now. What a weekend. For some *crazy* reason I decided to go all gung ho and clean my house. The current operational theory on all of this is that I've got a lot on my mind. I can't organize my thoughts but I sure as hell can organize my house. For as long as I can remember this is how it has always been. I always had a clean dorm room. Always. And I have to say the majority of what I set out to accomplish is done, there are only a few things that I want to go back and tidy up. Today is the first day of school for the hooligans here so it is a perfect excuse for me to leave work and go right home. There is still more of this cleaning bug in me and I know it is just to get my mind to work in different ways. I am dedicated to making sure that I don't waste the time I have anymore. On a separate note, I've got to hand it to Z7, he really came through for me because I know how much he loathes cleaning. He was a trooper about it. Warms the heart of this cheeky dame, I tell ya.

There are other pending issues that have settled around us to make it hectic in other ways but at the core of everything, me and Z7, we're just fine. I know if I didn't throw that in there I would have an inbox of concerned readers (well ok, maybe one or two). With all the things I learn now in my life I can't imagine how amazingly difficult it is to teach kids that families encompass so many things. There is no *one* way to describe them. And I also feel that family is a dynamic concept. A relationship that changes the outlook of those involved on a constant basis. It's a rather remarkable concept. Maybe it is one of those great things that you learn after time and with all the emphasis that is put on early childhood learning, people fool themselves that it just stops after a certain point. Learning occurs over a lifetime. And the decisions we make today affect how we approach situations tomorrow. I digress...

This is one of those moments where I sit back and laugh because I haven't been reading much lately due to my priorities but I've had those moments of revelation. Who knows what brought it on? I don't and I don't claim to make any guesses to it. But life is rarely a narrow road that leads to only one destination.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home