Monday, February 21, 2005

Too early to be agitated?

It's Monday bleh. It's going to be a long day bleh. The weather was cool this morning yay! And the bf and I got to drive to work together yay! In this case, the two yay!s outweighed the blehs. That is until I got to work. My cubicle is tucked away in the corner of a wall. It's maybe 8ft wide and 10ft long. Not a whole lot of room but that's ok too. Here's what's not ok. In this very small space there are 6 fluorescent lights that shine upon me. A little while back, I had one of the maintenance guys do some covert work for me and loosen 2 of them so that I didn't feel like I was under the microscope in a lab. I've been doing really well to listen out for "helpful" people who want to call the maintenance people and tell them lights are out. I let them know that they aren't out, they work just fine. This morning lo and behold, the lights have returned. I can't tell you the headaches I used to get because there was simply too much light. I work on the computer all day people, this is too much light!

On another note, there is a cleaning lady up here with a heart of gold but a heavy finger on those aerosol cans. As I am writing this now she's dousing the halls with what I think is labeled air freshener but from where I am sitting it isn't making things any fresher. And then on Friday, it is the day she chooses to clean our end of the floor. Let's just say Florida citrus smell takes on a whole new meaning that day. Like I said, bless her heart but there is a reason I make sure I've got a portable fan on my desk. Well that and because there are some people who think 70F is cold and proceed to get space heaters glowing bright orange to stay warm. Yeah, even during the middle of the summer when it is 100F outside and they are kind enough to turn on the air in the building these people have their heaters cranked. I am totally lost on that one. If you get it, please explain it to me.

I've got to pace the computer use today or at least until I can get the light situation fixed so I am over and out for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home