Wednesday, October 13, 2004

Forgetting how to have fun

It is official: I don't know how to kick back and have fun. Sounds foolish, right? Hard to believe because of my wicked sense of humor you say. Well it is true. Though some of you have even seen me having fun, true as that may be I am unable to initiate fun. Strange isn't it?

What is truly weird is where it happened along the way. How did I suddenly go from happy little kid to adult who can't have fun? I think this would be where Overachievers Anonymous would step in and call "Intervention"!

So you're probably wondering where all this is coming from. Well things are a bit hectic here and this is part of a revelation I had last night while pondering the fate of the universe. Ok well maybe it came around the time the bf said I've been a little high strung lately and needed to chill out. Ah, but the details of how or why are not important in this case. Biggest thing is I admitted the deep dark truth (sounds so ominous, lol).

Honestly my issue is that I am getting way too worked up about stuff that is going to happen with or without my control. Sure I am antsy about my test, who wouldn't be? I know that I am going to pass it with flying colors but the idea that it holds the key to my future is what trips my switch. Is it the be all and end all? Yes and no. I can definitely get a job to hold me over but I really want to go back to school. That's how it is yes and no.

There is a task force at work that is evaluating jobs as we move into a new administration. I've got the skills, I can handle a lot on my own, I am well respected, and the chances of getting fired are rare but I am still unsettled as to how things are going to proceed. Their habit of living moment to moment and keeping us out of the loop is a bit tiresome. When it all boils down to it, sure the people with the titles know what's what but those of us who have to make sure it all gets done so they look good still don't find out until the last minute.

I also have a little bit of concern with goings on of family further south in the state that I feel I have a need to assist. They're good for right now but I still have to check up on them. Speaking of family, I know people can relate to the stress in the coordination of holiday events. Believe it or not I wanted to plan early on just so that no one would get left out or feel slighted by the limitation of time and location. That kind of backfired on me and now I've got to wade through the fallout.

Supposedly as the more approachable one, I am fielding questions about the big "M", matters that the bf attends to and how I need to be more active in encouraging things that go on at the house. Imagine this coming from two directions and you've got yourself a slice of what I try to juggle.

Eh, enough whining for now. I have a whole lot more to be appreciative of other than the little nuisances along the way. The good stuff comes first, the rest is just details :)

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Damn I thought only moms like me had no idea how to lighten up. Its ok, just remember you can't control everything and iron fist the things you can!

October 14, 2004 7:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home