Thursday, September 30, 2004

When it Rains, it Pours

It amazes me that so much has happened since the last update. Well maybe not so much amazed as I can't believe it all piled up so quickly.

Sunday found us faced with Jeanne. By this time we're prepared for what is going to happen and get in to wait it out mode. Surprisingly, Jeanne was the worst storm for us so far. Much higher winds, lots more rain, and a longer power outage than the other storms. Not that I am complaining since what we went through is a walk in the park for the devastation that other people have had to face. From this perspective, I am merely reporting the conditions. We made camp at the safe house again as I stayed with the almost in-laws for our frequent hurricane parties.

Monday I got to go to the doctor where I told them how my records were kinda screwy only to be baraged with how I am not taking care of myself. Yeah, just what I wanted to deal with first thing in the morning. I had planned on making Monday a productive day. Took care of the icky obligation first things first and then scheduled to take the Saturn siblings into the shop for routine maintenance (oil changes and rotation and balancing). Everything that happened after that was anything but routine. We neglected to leave the keyless entry remote for one of the cars so that was a bit of delay but the news that took the cake was the stuff on my car. Now I have to provide a little bit of background real quick here. This car is my first *all mine* car. While I wasn't able to choose all the options and details, I do make all the payments and take care of the maintenance. This is my big asset right now so I am really trying to make an effort at keeping it in proper working order. Well today's adventure in proper working order came to the tune of two new tires and a mini lecture from the mechanic. Seems that I had overlooked some details such as alignment as I thought it was based on mileage rather than any other type of factor. Yeah. Well from this day forward, I'll never attempt to maintain my car on my personal schedule. If it is mileage, so be it. But I will have to say that the day was salvaged as the bf and his mom and I went shopping and spent some time at the book store. Though I was totally in panic mode about the car maintenance, I tried to just relax and not worry about things that I cannot control. By the way, that's the theme of my life, lol.

Tuesday heralded the return to work which believe you me wasn't what I was looking forward to. I got to attend an informational training class that morning that left me feeling like the big emphasis that those who do the job I trained for (different than my current) really like to make a big deal out of nothing. Their report analysis is honestly not that difficult. It can get sticky with the financial impact but overall not that much to make an issue about. Yet with that being said, these people parade around like they have such a difficult job and are put out by the stress. Maybe it can get stressful but the industry in which I work has got its time of seriously high stress.

Wednesday was seemingly uneventful on the job front. I of course was left behind to hold down the fort as the rest of the staff did what they needed to. I keep trying to tell myself that I will look back on these days fondly. Yeah, eventually just not right now. Recent cause for anxiety is that I sent out the rent check telling the landlord that there is yet something else wrong with the place. All I can hope is that he'll call the bf to take care of it and not me. I also went a little bit caffeinated raptor on the bf last night. Must be my insecurities on a personal level why I keep doing that. Who knows? If I don't shape up, my mini pity party is going to come back and kick me in the ass and then what will I be left with? Ah, the wonders of my two cent philosophy......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home