Sunday, September 26, 2004

One Month and Counting

I've done it. I've finally done it. Signed up and put my money where my mouth was in terms of taking the GRE. No more (ok, very little) procrastination from here. Hopefully the hurricanes that have graced our state can hold off and let me get past this speedbump in my life.

This title also refers to how much Floridians have been through in this past month. Four major hurricanes and a tropical storm. Not since 1886 (yeah you read that correctly) have four hurricanes hit the same state. If Florida is a target in Mother Nature's pinball machine, look at the readout honey because it says TILT TILT. I've really got to hand it to the Governor and the emergency response team in Florida. These people probably have not slept or had a moment to catch their breath in the past 45 days. Also here is a big shout out to the various people who have come to help our state. Power trucks, tree companies, cell companies, Red Cross, Salvation Army, everyone!! I know I have overlooked agencies and I apologize but I can certainly vouch for my fellow Floridians in saying how much we appreciate the immediate relief efforts.

Though I will refrain from directly stating my job here for fear of termination, let it be left at "working for the man" and say that I anticipate that things will be very busy when we get back into season. Actually I don't think I'll have to wait that long as there will be some action come November and December as state officials come back from an election year and a disasterous hurricane season.

My thoughts are with Florida tonight and all of her people. May we be safe and survive this next storm.

**a note to those who care: check the time ;) **

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home