Monday, November 08, 2004

And the hits just keep coming

It has been severely hectic around here and I've been a bit of a nutcase myself. Looking back on it, I think I know why - no posting. So for the few dedicated who actually read this let me go back and review what's going on.

1. Work is totally chaotic. We've got a new organizational structure being imposed upon us which entails new job titles, new office locations and in my case a new boss. The office move wasn't too traumatic but getting used to the new boss and new responsibilities without compensation is hard to stomach. Almost as difficult as realizing that interns my age are getting full fledged offices while I enjoy the open aired modular furniture setting. Better yet, they get treated with greater respect and are paid better than me. Guess that is what I get for working for the man. Not to mention that when I do inquire about a raise, I am given the run around about talking to personnel to see what could be done. What's the big deal people? I asked my former boss, I asked my current boss and there is a good policy of not going over people's heads so I am certainly not going to jump rank. I just don't know.

2. Grad School application. Whew, this is a big one. I took the GRE and got that off the list. The fill in your name part has been done for a while. Now I am waiting on recommendation letters and me to feel comfortable about my personal statement. I am close, I can feel it. In the meantime I look at it over and over and have countless people read it to make sure I am on the right track. They've been so helpful but still I don't feel it is done and that is the most important thing to me. Once I get that out of the way I am going to have to track down the pivotal advisor for the recommendation that I am relying on most. I've sent out the email and I think I am going to have to go back to campus to get things straightened out. That is definitely something I am not looking forward to. Traffic is crazy enough as it is. We'll see when the time comes.

3. Time with the bf. We're on completely opposite schedules. Have been for as long as I can remember. It was fine in the beginning because I had the second job that overlapped with his schedule. Then for a little while I said it would be ok because we weren't going to have to live with the situation forever. Now it just seems that after a great weekend, the oppositeness really hits me. Sure, we can attribute some of this to the natural cycle of hormones but as I look toward the future, I know that this will only get harder. It is a proven fact that I worry too much and I am going to send this latest spaz into that category.

4. The holidays. Yeah, there is that too. How do we spend enough time with both families and not forget about ourselves? Who gets which holiday? Do we travel to them, do they travel to us? And the questions go on and on. I dunno. I am just going to let it all happen and deal with it as it comes along. I mean really, what else is there to do?

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hey worry wort

Your over analizing again. I thought only I was allowed to do that? :) Just slow down and things will continue to fall in place like they currently are. The promotion and passing the GRE are good things. Remember that.

November 08, 2004 4:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home