Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Renting squeeze

One of my daily tasks in working for the man includes perusing the various newspapers and political clips in order to find relevant articles to issues before us in terms of up coming legislation. Of course finding things for my job doesn't nearly take as much time as going through all the media stuff does so along the way I read other articles. Any given day will yield such amazing articles as Clinton Condoms, sky rocketing energy costs, Dubbya's latest debacle, and then there are the ones that pretty much tank my day.

Of course not all news is sunshine and farts, but when you're pining away for better times and whatnot you really don't want to hear about how rental property in Florida is getting eaten up. Especially when you're trying to figure out what the next step is. According to this article in the Orlando Sentinel that a "recent report from the Orlando office of Marcus & Millichap forecasts 94 percent occupancy by the end of this year. That's virtually full by industry standards. Asking rents are projected to climb more than 3 percent this year." Not even close to music to my ears. I've already come to terms that I am not going to buy a house until I know I'll live there for a few years and I am not going to bankroll it on a hope and a prayer. Sure I could be considered financially sound but at what cost to me?

Sometimes all it takes is a stiff gust of air to sink me into the throws of Chicken Little theorizing. No, the sky might not be falling but there sure isn't a whole lot to look up to. As ZipperSeven frequently enjoys telling me: I always know how to put a cap on a truly lousy day. I guess that is what I get for being a cynical optimist.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home