Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Growing up is not as fun as advertised

It's Wednesday and it's already been a hectic week for me. Why you ask? Well Monday I got to schedule some fun dental work (wisdom teeth), yesterday I was reminded just how much I want to pursue a graduate degree and today I got to go and make the doctor's visit all women loathe. I love how they tell me my blood pressure is high after I've already told them I'm anxious about this whole deal. Surprise! It's going to be high. Do you honestly think that I look forward to donning the paper gown?

Wisdom teeth get yanked in November and you can be sure I'm marking the days like a kid counting until Christmas. And if you believe that I've got some great swamp land you can buy for a dollar. Just kidding about the swamp land but serious about the teeth anxiety.

School this time around is going ok I guess. This DIS is a lot different than I envisioned it and I am not sure if I jumped to technicolor too fast or if I was just on the wrong channel. I know it would be different if I were in classes but that just wasnt in the cards right now. I'm doing hard core library night tonight so we'll see how it all shakes out.

If someone were to ask me for advice on growing up, I would definitely tell them it is different than anything you could imagine. There are days where you have amazing power and can sit on top of the world, nothing can stop you and life is really cool as a grown up. Then there are days (I've had quite a few recently) where you're reminded just how high the deck is stacked against you and just how much you've got to prove to move ahead. I know this can sound like a broken record from me but I think it is really just all sinking in. I'd like to know a bit better what it is that my life path has in store for me. Nothing earth shattering, just a road sign or two. I'm on a path now that I feel an exit is coming up to a new destination but I haven't seen the sign yet. Turn on the street light for me so I dont miss it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I didn't realise you were back in school. See I'm so out the loop.

September 30, 2005 10:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home