Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Yeah I am a hobo

A step up from bum but nevertheless pretty much lazy and not totally inspired. Still trying to gain back my mental facilities from the last three months of hell at work. (sarcasm and wit on the way) I hear that a raise is in the works for me. Let's just say I'll believe that shit when it happens. Even though the hard part at work has come and gone I am still busting my ass to show these mofo's that if they really want to keep me happy they've got to ante up with the dough. Oh yeah, I am looking for jobs out of town. I also am toying with the prospect of getting a more permanent residence. New job first, home ownership later.

Next week I am supposed to go on vacation with my family to Orlando. They said "we're going to be here already and there will be plenty of room if you want to join us". Hmm let me think a moment.....vacation to Orlando. Needless to say I am there. But there are strings with that of course because if said jerk of a brother shows up you better fucking believe I'm outta town. No way I am going to play nice with that one.

Now on to the homefront where things with the bf had been iffy for a while. Once I got some pressing issues off my chest and spelled out how I am going to act and explained how things needed to be there has been some definite progress. I know the bf thinks I went coo coo for coco puffs overboard about some things and I still have a small shoulder chip but that's my bag. I can only deal with so much shit piled up that I start taking names and keeping a rap sheet. News flash, I am a worrier; now deal with it. People with issues (thx Vixen for that one). And no, I am not going to air dirty laundry so don't even ask. I've said enough as it is. End of discussion.

And in my rant section I have to go off on people who think it is ok to lecture me on how my life needs to be run better. Ok, I'll admit there are things that have not turned out exactly as I had planned but I sure as fuck don't need someone who is able to "earn" half of what I make in a year in the summer by simply asking for the funds. And on top of that in the next breath tell me that I don't get paid enough. Yeah because the people who decide my salary are really going to listen. Hello, state government. Free bennies but low pay. Besides who wants to graduate with some amazing degree that has a kick ass starting salary when you're burdened with loans? You gotta pay those back. They don't just give them out because money grows on trees. Sure I might have a shitty job but damnit I earn every fucking penny that I get paid. And I live in the reality of the here and now not to pin my hopes on a entry level job that will automagically make the loan payments go away.

It's rather disingenuous to me for an academic who concentrates solely on curriculum work to give me advice on the ways of the world. Sorry but I completed college in 3 years while earning a double major and working fucking full time bitches. But who is counting? Let me just say that my roommate during college lived a pampered life due to my hard work. Amazing how things can turn into "you need to pay half of this" when I clearly do not see the need for said item or collection of items. It's been mentioned that I have a soft degree anyway and it was awarded based on artsy fartsy people. Thanks, I'll make sure I include that on my application next time it asks for my major in college. "artsy fartsy psychology and made up human resource management for people who don't have the business skills" I can just see that going over like a fart in church. And on a final note, don't tell me that my vacation isn't good enough because I didn't take two fucking weeks off for a Britney-esque Crossroads adventure of Summer 2005. No I didn't see the lame ass movie but the visual is worth what I am trying to get across.

This post will probably piss some people off and it will probably make others laugh a lot. I don't frankly care which it does. If you want to leave me some feedback or some static that's what the comments are for. Welcome to the land of free speech, now use it.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Count me among the laughing. I was about to look up your phone #, I was worried about you. See your rubbing of on me, STOP IT! Anyway get it all off your chest, just because your boobs are large enough to carry it all does't mean you should.

May 27, 2005 6:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

First of all, I am all about the free speech. I have no problem with you posting your opinions, especially when much of what you were ranting about came from our recent conversation. Yes, I can get loans equalling 1/3 of your salary for the summer. Please don't hate me simply because of this fact. Yes, I did take a 2 week vacation that I think was long deserved after busting my ass in school for 5 years straight. I know our priorities in life are quite different, and I know that graduating with a substantial amount of debt is not the road that you or many people would like to take on. Unfortuanately, I cannot afford to take 19 or 21 credit hours of pharmacy school and work a full or part time job for that matter. Unfortunately, I am NOT as talented as you in that aspect. I have been there, tried that, and had to retake 2 classes because of it. I cannot afford to retake classes in grad school, as they are only offered once a year, and I need to get this finished the first time around.

I used to worry about things as much as you. I found out that all the nervous breakdowns and constant wondering on how I was going to pay my next bill was not worth the toll that was being taken on myself and on those around me.

I know it is frustrating to be 'stuck' in a job in which you do not feel adequately compensated for your apparent abilities. When I said that you were not getting paid enough, please understand that this was a way of me complementing you on your abilities. I KNOW they are not paying you what you are worth! You have even said it yourself. Why get nasty about a comment I made when I was just stating an obvious fact.

Also, there are other ways to handle your disagreements with me than post them on your blog site. You obviously knew I would read it. However, I do not have a problem with you doing so. Maybe next time, you and I will just simply pick up the phone and actually speak to one another so that comments will not be misunderstood.

I am sorry that you feel I am acting in a 'carefree' manner, but I think I would explode if I did not allow myself to have some 'free' time every once in a while. I never said that your vacation was 'not good enough' I just thought that you should definately get out of the city and go somewhere 'out of your every day world'. You and I BOTH know you deserve at least a week long vacation, but I guess you have to take whatever you can get.

On a final note, you know me as a person that does not take 'no' for an answer. I choose to lead my life in the way I see fit, not in any other way. Please do not feel that I have it 'better' than you because I CHOOSE not to worry in the capacity that you do. I do not think it is worth the time anymore, yet somehow I know that things will work out, since I have worked hard (in some people's eyes) to get where I am.

I suppose that is enough response to your post. I have no hard feelings towards what you wrote about me. I guess you and I just cannot see eye to eye on these issues. I guess that's what makes us two completely different people.

I wish you the best of luck on your job hunting out of your area. I do hope that you get to take your much needed vacation, whether it be a day or a week. I do hope you get to be a homeowner, God knows I'm still trying myself. Most of all, I do NOT hope that you see this reply as an 'apology' for what I said to you the other day. Please take it as an elaboration of our conversation and clarification of points that were apparently misunderstood.

This is the game we call life. Don't have a heart attack trying to play, or your hard work will never get a chance to pay off. ;)

May 27, 2005 11:25 PM  
Blogger LadyBug said...

I was among the laughing too!

I see a lot of you reflected in me as well. Yes, I definitely have an arsty fartsy degree and I'm proud of it! I understand your pain about having to work for money (my parents are not rich!) and still having to get good grades. We are better people because of the struggles we have. If life were too easy, think about how bitchy we would be then.

Have fun on your vacation. I'm sure you'll have a blast although broke. Actually, I think some of my most fun vacations have been when I was broke because other people felt bad for me, and I had to be more creative about what I did. :)

May 29, 2005 10:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home