Monday, December 06, 2004

Wondering where my Karma went wrong

So is it the innundation of Catholocism from my youth? Is it the snide remarks I make out of jest to others? Did I wake up on the proverbial wrong side of the bed in life?

I know I have the tendency to worry incessantly about things I cannot control but lately I have just found that life in general is giving me a rough go at it. The job is not getting any better and that is a direct result of my illustrious supervisor who for all intents and purposes seems to have some sort of vindictive drive out against me. I left an hour early on Friday and from the scathing email that I got this morning you would have thought the world was coming to an end. Mind you, I have left this said individual my 24 hour hot line that if anything were to happen I could be contacted. Did I hear from my job? Not one word. Naturally I thought everything was copacetic. I guess not. This is the classic one liner I was left by my always "on the go" boss: Also, let me know when you are leaving for an extended period, especially for the day, so we both have an accounting for leave used. (To give all of you loyal readers a bit of background on this: I rarely if ever leave for lunch since I brown bag it and don't mind catching the phones for people who need to run errands and whatnot on their break. I am ok with this set up. There have been many times since we made the big switch just less than a month ago that i was answering phones for 5 offices counting my own. While that may not sound like much to some of you, I've got to say that since November, this has been a happening place. Now as for my boss, the person in queston has a way of disappearing and leaving their cell phone in the office so they are in essence in communicado. When you've got the title that my boss holds, you can't do that.) This type of behavior ensued before the promotion and under a small degree has improved but not by that much.

I've come to the end of my rope and I don't know what more there is to say. At least I am doing much much better about keeping work stuff at work. That kept me awake for many nights. Not so much anymore. Now as a nighttime companion I've got splitting headaches to keep me tossing and turning. I need a vacation. But fundage is saying otherwise. Oh well. The plight of the new frontier. Leave words of inspiration if you would like. Try for me to take a new angle on things, make it interesting, LOL.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Girl you really need to chill out. Funds are sparse I can understand that but just a few days off hiding out at home my let u de-stress.

December 06, 2004 9:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home