Friday, September 10, 2004

Yay! It is Friday........

With everything that has been going on, the arrival of Friday is a huge relief. Sure I got a bonus day off this week because of Frances but these past three days have felt like an entire week. Must be due to the fact we're anxiously watching the path of Ivan. Yep, that would make hurricane number three in just about a month's time. Apocalyptic? Maybe. I tend to believe that it just is the dreaded season that they have been warning us about for years. Or it could be that there was so much prep last week that days are just blurring together and the big question isn't what we're going to do for the weekend, it is where are we going to evacuate to if necessary. I think we're going to defer to the parental units on this one. Mine live about 400 miles away from us and his live about 10. It is obvious to see which ones we're going to go with. If things get hairy enough, we're going to follow them/go with them to the Raleigh/Durham area where they've got some family. Can't say what my parents would do but if the hurricane moves north from Cuba, me going south to Tampa isn't such a smart idea. Oh well.

The house is really unsettling right now. So much is in disarray because of the back to back storms. Kind of funny really since for my whole life I have been disorganized and very cluttered. When I got everything done last week to clean up the house and get it where I was comfortable with the cleanliness, hurricane hysteria sets in. What are you going to do though? Good news is that I got to set up my computer again. Bad news is that it is freakin' slow. The amazing pace of technology in a mere space of 5 years. Right now I've got the bf on top of things in terms of reinstalling operating systems and getting to the bottom of the speed issue. Such a leisure to have computer boy at your disposal, lol. I really wish I had a good stupid people story to put in here but as of late I've been avoiding the crowds and keeping to myself.

I did, however, find this quote by Frank Lloyd Wright that pretty much sums up how I have felt lately.

Early in life I had to choose between honest arrogance and hypocritical humility. I chose honest arrogance and have seen no occasion to change. - Frank Lloyd Wright

We got an intern here at work this week. Already they can't give us enough work to keep us busy and then they bring in the college hot shot. I think the thing that irritates me the most is that this chickie is my age and I couldn't be in the same program as her because I am not currently enrolled in school. WTF?! So I am stuck answering phones and playing professional babysitter while she gets a huge office (yep bigger than the boss himself) with two windows (I opted for the scenic cubicle view) and the constant doting on from staff (not that I would want that per se, it is the principle of the thing). To be honest, she's not a bad person at all I just seem especially whiny because of the relative same age and huge disconnect in how we are treated. For a while, the other AA I worked with felt that a college degree was the key for every door. Now she sees me with two and in the same boat as she is. I gotta tell you, I've worked in the retail trenches and I've served my time in the service industry but state goverment (and more and more any government) employment is a completely different world all together. Twilight Zone? It wouldn't surprise me a bit. I'll cut to the end now because even I don't think I can listen to my angst anymore, lol.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Are you coming to visit me? I only have space for one though. You bf can sleep with me. ;)

September 11, 2004 12:04 AM  
Blogger Midnite Raven said...

I dunno about that, you'd like him a lot and I would never see him again. He's got the husky type build but he's not clean shaven. Hmmm maybe that's how I get to keep him, lol.

September 11, 2004 12:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home