Monday, September 06, 2004

Waiting, waiting, waiting

So we made it to the almost in-laws this afternoon to ride out the storm. We were pretty much planning on it but it was more of a strong mandate and I guess we can't complain. A neighbor just called us and said that there was no power there. Right now we've got the wind coming as the windows creak on his parents house. I called my parents earlier and they said to get ready since they've had a lot rain and winds. Very recently (like in the last half hour) she said that they had to go and prepare some more since the weather has gotten worse just in talking to her in the course of the evening.

We've also got Ivan to contend with. Yeehah! A strong cat 4 moving at 20-25 mph heading once again for the sunshine state. I don't know how much more we can take. All I can say is that this season will certainly prove that we're a hearty state. The power is flickering now so I am going to end this quickly. I'll post again when it's safe. We might even have our own slideshow by the end of this.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Cool hurricane pics. I can't wait to see those. I hope you survived the waiting game without shanking somebody...

September 06, 2004 9:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home