Wednesday, September 08, 2004

And so we survived.....

Let's see from the last time I spoke to all of you who choose to listen, we were gearing up for Frances to come and visit. Right after I posted, the power went out. Perfect timing as I really wanted to get some rest. Not going to happen. So I laid awake listening to the rustling winds and pelting rain, dumbfounded at the thought that the power had already gone out and it was too early for it. A scant 6 hours later, the power came back on and I think I may have lapsed into sleep. That whole day was a blur as I couldn't clear the fog from my mind. I do remember the day passing as the storm crept closer and closer. At one point I remember that the eye was right over the house (verified by GPS of course). Yes, we were fortunate but still there was no dancing in the streets or shouts of joy. No time for that as Ivan brews in the Atlantic, heading for Florida.

Tuesday was pretty much same old same old. Didn't want to have to leave the house of the parents as things were going rather well and we were having fun. Moreover, a return to our house meant the acceptance of going to work yet again. Yet we both survived (or are in the process of surviving) the return to the workforce.

My thoughts are with those who had to deal with Charley and Frances and I know that we'll be able to handle Ivan. No jokes here. This will probably be one of the most serious posts but the funnies will return shortly.

2 Comments:

Blogger Fractured Psyche said...

Glad you are OK. Thanks for the comment on my rant. I will be posting more rants like that in the future. Keep a lookout for The Devil Incarnate II. Thanks again.

September 08, 2004 2:56 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

beware of Ivan the terrible

September 09, 2004 10:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home